Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we get here at Comfortzone:
- What is EUFH?
Electric underfloor heating radiates heat evenly upwards from your floor. This creates the perfect spread of heat, or “heat signature” throughout a room. With a traditional heating system the top of the room is usually over heated to allow the lower parts of the room to reach a comfortable temperature.
- What are the key benefits of UFH
1. Radiant heat – Underfloor heating radiates heat evenly up from your floor, creating the perfect spread of heat throughout your room.
2. More space – No need for bulky radiators, UFH can be used as a primary or secondary heat source.
3. Health benefits – Electric underfloor heating reduces the spread of dust and allergens around your home.
4. Save on your energy bills – Electric underfloor heating is more efficient than traditional convection system and has faster heat up time.
5. Practically maintenance free – Once installed electric underfloor heating does not require servicing etc.
6. Added comfort – No more cold floors and added luxury to your home!
- Why do I need insulation?
Insulation board will minimise downward heat loss and maximise the efficiency of your system. Without insulation board heat energy is lost into the substrate before radiating up through the floor into the room.
Insulation board reflects heat energy up through the floor resulting in increased efficiency by up to 50%.
If your electric underfloor heating system reaches the desired temperature more quickly it does not need to call for heat for such a long time, so costs less to run.
- Why do I need to use flexible adhesive?
Flexible tile adhesive allows for movement caused by expansion and contraction in your floor, this occurs when the floor heats up and cools down due to the heating system.
- What is a cold tail?
This is the length of unheated cable that is used to link your Comfortzone electric underfloor heating system to the electric power supply.
- What is a sensor probe and what is it used for?
Every Comfortzone electric underfloor heating thermostat should be configured to use an in-floor sensor probe to monitor the temperature of the floor. This is the most accurate way to control the running temperatures and positively influence your energy bills.